I’d seen most of the tools presented this week at one point or another,  but it had been a while since I’d played with some of them.  The task for this week was to try at least 2 of the tools, so I decided to combine several of them together.

I got the text for the story for “The Happy Prince” from Project Gutenberg, and found an audio version on LibrivoxLessonwriter.com was used to make the activities, but unfortunately didn’t let me keep the text changes I had made (highlighted where the characters spoke and who was speaking; spaces between paragraphs). It also has a limit of 800 words per text.  “The Happy Prince” is 3,000 some words, so I might make several lessons and then combine them all by hand.

I also found a nice blog entry with images to go with the story along the way.

Here’s the link student activity portion of the lesson.  I was happy to see that Lessonwriter now includes options for differentiation!

Advertisements